Business Concept Review: submit the skeleton of your startup idea online and one of our VT KnowledgeWorks mentors will review it, offer their first impressions, and suggest ways to reduce your risk. Business Concept Review discussions are done in person or via GoToMeeting for those living outside of the Roanoke-Blacksburg region. Register then Submit. No charge.
Become a VT KnowledgeWorks Member after your Business Concept Review. Basic membership benefits include:
- Opportunity to meet with a VT KnowledgeWorks mentor as needed
- Preferred access to entrepreneurial support programs and services
- Member profile on VTKW website, with click-thru to member website
- Distribution of press releases to regional media
- Special notice of VTKW educational and social events, etc.
Pitch your business concept in the Tech Transfer Challenge for the chance to win $100,000 of business support services.
Virginia Tech students: present your business concept in the Global Entrepreneurship Challenge Semifinals to win $15,000 in scholarships and advance to win $25,000 in the Global Student Entrepreneurship Challenge.
Submit your application for the Game Changers Challenge. One entrepreneur or entrepreneurial team may qualify for a $25,000 "Running Start" loan plus a package of free startup assistance services. Solid runners-up may also qualify for free startup assistance. More details.
Attend an entrepreneurship event by viewing the VT KnowledgeWorks Event Calendar.
For VT KnowledgeWorks press-related materials, click here.